Project: Emergency structural repairs and external renovation programme to a block of flats in South West London.
Location: Brixton, London
Pictures before and during
K&A Chartered Surveyors were appointed to provide Project Management services in relation to the emergency structural repairs as well as an external refurbishment programme to a block of flats in South West London.
The property was initially found to be suffering with structural movement to the external walls. Upon instruction, our team have arranged to inspect the property and commissioned the services of a Structural Engineer and a Contractor to attend site and then prepare a Specification of Works based on our findings. We were then appointed to manage the structural works, which included partial rebuilding to sections of the external walls as well as helibar repairs.
During the external remedial works, we have noticed other defects to the property, some of which included but not limited to areas of loose and dangerous stone joinery as well as defective timber features. We reported our findings to the Client and agreed to prepare an additional Specification of Works and Project Manage the external repairs and decoration works to the residential block of flats.
As part of our services, we have performed a variety of tasks including:
- Initial consultation with the Client to discuss the project brief.
- Undertaken regular site visits and prepared a series of Schedules of Works to address different issues found at the property.
- Reported any health and safety issues to the Client and ensured that these were prioritised.
- Prepared and submitted the Tender documentation to the builders.
- We have undertaken Tender Analysis and recommended the most suitable Contractor.
- We have commissioned the services of a Structural Engineer to advise on the structural condition of the walls.
- Provided ongoing budget monitoring to ensure that the works are completed to budget.
- We liaised with all relevant parties throughout the duration of the project, which includes the Freeholders and Leaseholders, to ensure that everybody is updated along every step of the project and to minimise disturbance to the Tenants living at the property.
- We carried out regular site meetings and visits in order to monitor progress, ensuring smooth running of the project.
- We have taken on the role of a Contract Administrator and issued interim certificates and contract instructions for any variations.
- Issued certificate of Practical Completion.
If you are a Landlord and require assistance with maintaining, repairing or refurbishing your properties/residential blocks, then please do not hesitate to contact our team.