Project: Roof overlaying and external repair and decoration programme.
Location: Blackheath, London
Pictures before and during
K&A Chartered Surveyors were appointed to undertake Project Management and Contract Administrator services for the external works carried out to a residential block above commercial units, which is located in the heart of the Blackheath Conservation Area in South London. The works include the installation of an overlay system with handrails to the main roof, balcony repairs and overlay system, replacement of existing communal stairwell windows with suitable alternatives as well as an external repair and decoration programme. The building works have now reached the stage of Practical Completion.
Our team have worked hard to ensure that all stages of the project were completed to budget, within time frames and caused minimal disruption to the residents of the property, commercial units located at the ground-floor level as well as members of the public on the main road. Constant communication was made with the suppliers, consultants and the Client to ensure that all works comply with the Planning and Conservation Area requirements.
As part of our services, we have undertaken a variety of tasks including:
- Initial consultation with the Client to discuss the project brief.
- Undertaken a site visit and prepared a Specification of Works.
- Prepared and submitted the Tender documentation.
- We have undertaken Tender Analysis and recommended the most suitable Contractor to use for the works.
- We have arranged for a Refurbishment and Demolition Asbestos Survey to be undertaken to the relevant areas prior to the commencement of the building works.
- We have submitted and maintained documentation relating to Construction Design Management Regulations 2015.
- Liaising with all relevant parties throughout the duration of the project, which includes Planning Officers, Conservation Officers, Building Control, Designers, Leaseholders, Freeholders, nearby business owners which are directly affected by the works, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and much more.
- We carried out regular site meetings and visits in order to monitor progress, ensuring smooth running of the project.
- Issued interim certificates and contract instructions for any variations.
- Issued certificate of Practical Completion.
If you require any assistance with Project Management or Contract Administration in London, Kent, Essex, Surrey, Sussex or the surrounding areas, then please feel free to get in touch.