Project: Restoration project to a fire and water damaged purpose-built block of flats.
Location: Forest Hill, South East London
K&A Chartered Surveyors were appointed to provide Project Management services for the restoration works to a fire damaged block of flats in Forest Hill, London. The restoration works includes replacement of the roof, external repair and rebuilding works to the first-floor level as well as internal refurbishment works.
The external works have now been successfully completed and the property is now weather tight and secure. The internal refurbishment of the flats are now underway which include the replacement of all floors, installation of new Kitchens, installation of new boilers and internal decorations.
The team has gone above and beyond to ensure that this project will meet all agreed deadlines and is completed within a limited budget through careful planning, extensive research into products and suppliers, prioritising the works and carefully monitoring the project budget at all stages.
As part of our services, we have undertaken a variety of tasks including:
- Initial consultation with the Client to discuss the project brief.
- Undertaken a site visit and prepared a Specification of Works.
- Prepared and submitted the Tender documentation.
- We have undertaken Tender Analysis and recommended the most suitable Contractor.
- Liaised with all relevant parties throughout the duration of the project including Planning, Building Control, a Structural Engineer, and the
- Gas and Electricity suppliers which were all disconnected from the main road.
- We have undertaken regular site visits to monitor progress, ensuring smooth running of the project.
- Issuing interim certificates.