Project: Barn to Office conversion project
Location: Sutton at Hone, Kent
We are pleased to announce the completion of the Barn conversion project in Sutton at Hone, Kent. K&A Chartered Surveyors were employed by a commercial client to project manage and provide Architectural services of the partial demolition and re-building of part of the first-floor area and associated external and internal alterations and refurbishment works, converting the existing retail and barn premises into contemporary office premises. During this project, we have consulted with the local Authorities, Building Control, and specialist Contractors to ensure the project meets all approvals and health and safety requirements.
Several external factors have affected this project, including restricted budgets, tight deadlines, narrow access roads to site, labour and material shortage, unstable economic environment, statutory restrictions, asbestos containing roof and defective structural elements. Our team has undertaken extensive planning, budget reviews, site visits and has liaised with the external parties to ensure the project was completed to deadline, scope and within budget.
As part of our services, we have undertaken a variety of tasks including:
- Initial consultation with the Client to discuss the project brief.
- Undertaken a site visit and prepared a Specification of Works.
- Prepared and submitted the Tender documentation.
- We have undertaken Tender Analysis and recommended the most suitable Contractor.
- Liaised with all relevant parties throughout the duration of the project including Planning, Building Control and a Structural Engineer.
- We have undertaken regular site visits to monitor progress, ensuring smooth running of the project.
- Issuing interim certificates.
- Attended site and advised on any snagging items and additional repairs required.
- Prepared and issued a final certificate of completion.